Monday 28 September 2015

When is the Right Time to Travel?


Travelling is expensive. Let’s not sugarcoat it. It can get really out of hand if you aren’t paying attention and just putting everything on credit cards. Is there ever a good time to travel? Is there ever a point when you have saved up enough money to think you will be economically okay when you return? I don’t think there is really a point where you can say ‘I’ll be fine after’, unless you are a millionaire then lucky you. I find travelling to be more of a spur of the moment type of thing, where you get together with friends or family and just decide over a meal or drinks that you should go on a trip together. Yeah, the trip may be months away, but it comes up pretty quick.
My sister and I are planning a trip to Europe. Sort of a quick one; one that lasts around eighteen days. It will be my first trip to Europe and my sister’s second (she went to Greece for a school trip). Our parents are generally okay with it. Our dad is a calm guy and was pretty excited about the trip we had planned out. Our mom, on the other hand, not so much. She was worried more about school and getting real jobs. Of course school and jobs are important, but once you get a job it is very hard to get vacation. Plus, I’m in history, lets be honest here, I will most likely not get a job right after graduating.
When is the right to time travel? I find travelling right after graduation is smart; you’ve just finished school, you have the summer to figure things out and hopefully find a full-time job in your field, or just a job in general. But is it economically viable? Not everyone can afford to spend two months in Europe or even eighteen days, but I find travelling in your twenties is something that needs to be experienced. My take on it is this: when I get a full time job I will most likely not have the freedom of being able to just plan a trip for two and a half weeks to Europe or anywhere and have my job when I get back. I also would rather go after finishing my degree, knowing I had accomplished something huge in my life. I don’t know, maybe seems dumb, but that is my take on it. Maybe you have different opinions or thoughts?
I just feel like if I don’t go now, I never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment